High School Math

MISSION STATEMENT: To encourage and promote a greater use of the internet and computer technology in the math classroom. For educators, students, parents and homeschoolers.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Student Humor


Many educators have noted some hilarious
and yet insightful humor from students.

"When you smoke a fish, which end do you light?"

"Having one wife is monogamy.
Having two wives is bigotry.
Having three wives is trigonometry!"

"If you cannot drink and drive,
then why are tavern parking lots so big?"

"Did you hear about the fire in the shoe factory?
Two hundred souls(soles) were lost.
Some heel started it!
They will put the boots to that culprit!"

"In Slobovia, the basic currency is the hern.
And one hundred hern gives you a hernia."

"On the planet Pincus, the inhabitants
are called Pincushions."

"I always wanted to be a meteorologist,
but my grandmother thought that I had more
potential than just reading meters."

"A man came into the car dealership where I work
and asked for a wiper blade for his Yugo. I told
him that that sounded like a fair exchange."

"Of course sleep has a lot to do with dieting.
The only time that I'm not eating is when I'm asleep."

"Experts say that kids should do their own homework.
Kids say that experts have too much time on their hands."

"There is a new sushi bar that caters only to lawyers.
It is called the Sosumi."

"My father always said that death and taxes were
inevitable. Now there is Shipping & Handling."

"My teacher would not tell me how to spell bitch.
In my essay, the father had to take out the trash or gar----."

"Teachers have class."
"Teachers are radical."
"Farmers are outstanding(out standing) in their field."
"Lawyers put it in their briefs."
"Golfers get teed off."
"Firefighters do a slow burn."
"Pilots fly into a rage."
"Divers go off the deep end."
"Baseball card collectors blow their Topps."

If you have any such student wit and insite please share them with everyone, by leaving them as a Comment with this posting. The best items will be posted on www.TheMathWebSite.com as a regular feature.